Monday, February 11, 2008

Destruction

Last week, I hit my desk so hard my computer reset itself.

The week before that, the computer locked up, and I decided to hard boot it. I reached down for the ancient power strip, flipped its switch, and sort of flung it against the (really quite soft and pliable) cubicle wall. The strip exploded into a hail of brittle yellow plastic. I'm probably lucky it didn't start a fire.

I've learned that, when slamming a mouse on your desk, it's best to keep your fingers off the buttons and scroll wheels. Mice are surprisingly durable, except for those pieces. Such damage does offer the opportunity to see just how much of your job you're still able to perform w/ one button permanently clicked, though. It's sort of like playing Tekken w/ your eyes closed.

No comments: